Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — Do you have a face mask? Then it’s a good idea to wear it today.
Prime Minister Allen Chastanet, while announcing amendments to the lockdown, is encouraging members of the public, not only to continue to practice social distancing but to wear face masks, as the island continues to battle the community spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19.
“Please remember to practice social distancing when out in public especially when in community shops. If you possess one, you are encouraged to wear a respiratory mask when out in public,” Chastanet wrote on his official Facebook page.
“Avoid loitering, handshakes, hugs and other forms of physical greetings. Persons are encouraged not to venture outside of their respective communities. Stay safe,” he said.
A study in the US suggests coughs can reach 6 metres and sneezes up to 8 metres, the BBC reported.
The World Health Organization (WHO) advises the public when and how to wear masks to protect against coronavirus:
– Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
– Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
– Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
– Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
– To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- Outpatient clinics reopen at Owen King EU Hospital
- Saint Lucia govt awards more road reconstruction contracts
- BREAKING: Saint Lucia maintains trend of negative COVID-19 test results
- Scientists say an apocalyptic bird flu could wipe out half of humanity
- Trump declares June ‘National Caribbean-American Heritage Month’