Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has expressed condolences to the family of seven-year-old Reyes Smith who died in a suspected drowning in a river in Saltibus on Saturday evening, April 4, 2020.
Chastanet made the comments while giving an update on Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 response via a live broadcast Sunday evening, April 5, 2020.
“I actually know the Smith family,” Chastanet said.
The prime minister went on to express his condolences to the boy’s family on behalf of himself, the Saint Lucia Cabinet and “the nation”.
He said he wishes the Smith family all the best “in these difficult times”.
Reyes was the only son of 32-year-old Kerena Smith, according to reports.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff