Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – With the Government of St. Lucia announcing its intention to beautify and improve the functionality of the City of Castries, three critical agencies involved, namely, the Castries City Council, the Department of Tourism and the National Integrated Planning and Programme Unit, will be meeting with members of the Chamber of Commerce to share their plans, and get feedback and input from the private sector.
On Monday 3rd February, 2020 at its Secretariat Office on the 1st Floor of the Orange Park Commercial Centre in Bois D’Orange, Gros Islet from 2:30PM, a forum on the redevelopment of the City of Castries will be held. The forum is aimed at ensuring that the Business Community possesses and operates with a comprehensive understanding of the overall and multi-faceted program of development being contemplated
This dialogue was focused on Tuesday 7th January, 2020, when Chamber members had the opportunity to be apprised of plans for the upgrade of the Derek Walcott Square, due to commence by the end of January, 2020. The Forum will bring into view the additional initiatives by the different agencies slated for later in the year.
All three agencies, i.e., the Ministry of Tourism, the National Integrated Planning and Programme Unit of the Department of Finance and the Castries City Council have all confirmed their participation in the Forum.
Members of the Chamber, property owners and other operators of business in the City are expected to attend and not miss the opportunity to be part of this informative Forum.
For more information Contact the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture today via telephone at 452 3165 or via email at [email protected] regarding your attendance.
More Development Stories
- National Infrastructural Systems Model to improve development February 12, 2020
- NISMOD – The future of evidence based infrastructural planning February 10, 2020
- Road work underway along east coast road January 22, 2020
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020
- New Year Address highlights island-wide development set for 2020 January 14, 2020
- Castries redevelopment progresses January 14, 2020