Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Continuing with its program of engagement with members at different levels on various issues of import the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture has organized a General Meeting for May 24th 2018 at the Ixora Room, Bay Gardens Inn, Rodney Bay.
The Meeting scheduled for 5:30 p.m. boasts a very engaging Agenda.
The Chamber has secured the attendance of the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Health Mr. Felix St. Hill to provide its members with an early insight into the Governments’ proposal and thinking on National Health Insurance which was announced in the 2018 Budget Address by the Honorable Allen Chastanet.
The Prime Minister provided the Chamber Board with an overview of the proposal, but Mr. St. Hill is expected to discuss the broad parameters and critical considerations being taken account of in developing the major policy initiative. With only 20,000 St. Lucians with Health Insurance coverage and government seeking to broaden that coverage to the entire populace, businesses are particularly interested in hearing and understanding the plans and thus assessing its impact on them.
The Chamber sees this address as the commencement of discussion and substantive dialogue on Health Insurance and plans to continue to work to educate and inform its members on pertinent related issues.
Meanwhile President of the Chamber, Mr. Martin Dorville will update members on the work of the Chamber in the first half of the year as well as some of the imperatives which the Chamber is pursuing at this time in aid of its members.
The Chamber in the last week have held crucial engagements on important issues affecting members of the business community, from Crime and Disaster Preparedness to operations of Port Castries and the outcomes and plans will be shared with members as will be discussions held with the Prime Minister.
The Chamber expects all members to register for this important meeting.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”