Share This On:
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR SAINT LUCIA.
AT 8:00 AM TODAY, THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM HARVEY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.0 DEGREES NORTH, LONGITUDE 60.3 DEGREES WEST OR ABOUT 60 MILES/95 KM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF SAINT LUCIA.
HARVEY IS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H AND A CONTINUED WESTWARD MOTION WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH OR 65 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS. ON THIS FORECAST TRACT, HARVEY SHOULD MOVE THROUGH THE WINDWARD ISLANDS AND INTO THE CARIBBEAN SEA LATER TODAY.
HARVEY IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL TOTALS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AND HIGHER AMOUNTS IN SOME REGIONS. RESIDENTS AND MOTORISTS IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES ARE ADVISED TO BE VIGILANT AND EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT AND OTHER MARINE INTERESTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION. RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE BEACHES.
THE SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES WILL CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM AND BE ISSUING REGULAR UPDATES.
THE NEXT ADVISORY ON TROPICAL STORM HARVEY WILL BE ISSUED AT 11:00 AM THIS MORNING.
MACLEAN JN BAPTISTE
SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM