Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Central Statistical Office concluded a four-day training exercise for mappers where 35 persons were trained from across the island to execute the 2020 Population and Housing Census mapping exercise.
This exercise will include the collection of Global Positioning System (GPS) locations for every building on the island. It is expected that the information gathered from this exercise will facilitate the formation of maps which will be used to identify buildings to be visited during the enumeration process of the 2020 Population and Housing Census.
The Department wishes to inform the general public of the commencement of this exercise from Jan. 13 to March 30, 2020, and is seeking your support and assistance during this important exercise.
For further information, persons are encouraged to visit the Department’s website at stats.gov.lc or contact the Department at telephone number 468.1577.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM