Share This On:
(SNO) — Residents of the Cedars neighbourhood in Castries have been left shock at the murder of businessman Stan Pistol, also affectionately known as Mr. Brown.
Pistol was shot multiple times during an alleged robbery on Wednesday, March 13 at his businessvplace, Kross Roads Mini Mart, also known as Ralph’s Supermarket.
“The neighbourhood is heart broken,” one person wrote. “These guys stole the cash register and still shot the man…! This man was such a cool guy to every single person. Hearing his daughter cry last night was just heart-wrenching.
According to the source, his wife was the victim of a robbery at the same mini mart some time ago. It is reported that two individuals carried out the robbery at the time. Interestingly, two masked individual reportedly carried out last evening’s robbery and murder.
“They robbed the wife first then he made sure he was always at the shop with her. Recently they came to rob him and he told them ‘go ahead take what you want’. The two thieves were so shocked they looked at each other and ran off instead, maybe thinking that’s not normal for him to surrender things so easily, and this time they saw it necessary to take the man life … and then run Marchand,” the source added.
Police said in a release Monday that officers responded to the scene at about 8:15 p.m. and that Pistol was transported to Victoria Hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead later by a medical doctor, the release stated.
Many persons have expressed shock that the life of such a “nice guy” could have been taken.
“Omg omg smh I can’t even believe this right now,” Shervonne Poleon wrote.
Alex Joseph Stanislas replied, “neither do I. (He) was a very nice guy thou.”
Kimberley Kimz Nelson said she last saw Pistol in February when she visited Saint Lucia.
“Just visited home in February and saw u after a few years…had a laugh and a hug from u and now coming to find out about this….it breaks my heart, u didn’t deserve it, anyone else who knows u knew that u were such a caring and friendly person….my prayers and condolences to ur wife, children and family.”
Chanelle Gervais also commented: R.I.p Mr brown, what money the man had in the shop like that for you’ll to kill him,that’s just sad.”
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM