Share This On:
The 17-year-old male who was fatally shot by police during an alleged confrontation with the lawmen on Wednesday night, May 22, has been identified as Arnold Joseph of Babonneau.
Joseph was a fifth-form student of the Entrepot Secondary School, located in Castries city.
Reports are that Joseph was scheduled to sit CSEC exams.
(Below is a press release from the police about the incident)
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, about 10:30 p.m., officers attached to the Special Services Unit, whilst on mobile patrol, received information regarding a suspicious motor vehicle, at Reclamation Grounds, Castries.
The responding officers made attempts to stop a white Toyota Lancer, registration number PE3191, but to no avail. The motor vehicle in question failed to stop, venturing through one-way streets about the city, contravening traffic regulations.
During an attempt to apprehend the individuals, one individual was fatally shot, whilst a second was non-fatally injured. A third male was arrested without injury.
One nine millimeter (9mm) firearm was recovered by officers from the said individuals.
Investigations into the circumstances surrounding this incident are ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the Major Crimes Unit at 456 3754.
- BREAKING NEWS: Chopping in Gros Islet October 18, 2019 8:56 PM
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM