Share This On:
The 17-year-old male who was fatally shot by police during an alleged confrontation with the lawmen on Wednesday night, May 22, has been identified as Arnold Joseph of Babonneau.
Joseph was a fifth-form student of the Entrepot Secondary School, located in Castries city.
Reports are that Joseph was scheduled to sit CSEC exams.
(Below is a press release from the police about the incident)
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, about 10:30 p.m., officers attached to the Special Services Unit, whilst on mobile patrol, received information regarding a suspicious motor vehicle, at Reclamation Grounds, Castries.
The responding officers made attempts to stop a white Toyota Lancer, registration number PE3191, but to no avail. The motor vehicle in question failed to stop, venturing through one-way streets about the city, contravening traffic regulations.
During an attempt to apprehend the individuals, one individual was fatally shot, whilst a second was non-fatally injured. A third male was arrested without injury.
One nine millimeter (9mm) firearm was recovered by officers from the said individuals.
Investigations into the circumstances surrounding this incident are ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the Major Crimes Unit at 456 3754.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM