Share This On:
The 17-year-old male who was fatally shot by police during an alleged confrontation with the lawmen on Wednesday night, May 22, has been identified as Arnold Joseph of Babonneau.
Joseph was a fifth-form student of the Entrepot Secondary School, located in Castries city.
Reports are that Joseph was scheduled to sit CSEC exams.
(Below is a press release from the police about the incident)
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, about 10:30 p.m., officers attached to the Special Services Unit, whilst on mobile patrol, received information regarding a suspicious motor vehicle, at Reclamation Grounds, Castries.
The responding officers made attempts to stop a white Toyota Lancer, registration number PE3191, but to no avail. The motor vehicle in question failed to stop, venturing through one-way streets about the city, contravening traffic regulations.
During an attempt to apprehend the individuals, one individual was fatally shot, whilst a second was non-fatally injured. A third male was arrested without injury.
One nine millimeter (9mm) firearm was recovered by officers from the said individuals.
Investigations into the circumstances surrounding this incident are ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the Major Crimes Unit at 456 3754.
- BREAKING NEWS: Entrepot Secondary to remain closed until next week Tuesday October 23, 2019 7:13 PM
- Suspects in Dennery robbery were on bail for firearm charges: sources October 23, 2019 7:09 PM
- Soufriere men charged for killing policeman’s son, attempted murder of another male October 23, 2019 6:12 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette leads Romanian volleyball club to victory October 23, 2019 5:09 PM
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM