Share This On:
(SNO) — Castries South East represented Jamieson Edward was crowned Mr. Independence 2019 on Saturday night at the National Cultural Center, Barnard Hill, Castries.
Deshawn Agustin from Vieux Fort was first runner-up and Treasure Actille from Castries North was second runner-up.
The first ever Mr. Independence Youth Development Pageant forms part of the calendar of events as the island celebrates its 40th anniversary of independence.
The pageant was held under the theme “Embracing Diversity, the Key to Unity”.
Organizers say it was intended to deepen the understanding and consciousness of young men on the need to make informed decisions that will positively impact their lives.
In attendance at the event were: Chair of Independence Committee and President of the Senate Jeannine Giraudy-McIntyre; Minister in the Ministry of Tourism, Information, Broadcasting, Culture and Creative Industries with responsibility for Culture and Creative Industries, Senator Fortuna Belrose, and Raquel Duboulay-Chastanet, wife of Prime Minister Allen Chastanet.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM