Share This On:
(SNO) — Castries South East represented Jamieson Edward was crowned Mr. Independence 2019 on Saturday night at the National Cultural Center, Barnard Hill, Castries.
Deshawn Agustin from Vieux Fort was first runner-up and Treasure Actille from Castries North was second runner-up.
The first ever Mr. Independence Youth Development Pageant forms part of the calendar of events as the island celebrates its 40th anniversary of independence.
The pageant was held under the theme “Embracing Diversity, the Key to Unity”.
Organizers say it was intended to deepen the understanding and consciousness of young men on the need to make informed decisions that will positively impact their lives.
In attendance at the event were: Chair of Independence Committee and President of the Senate Jeannine Giraudy-McIntyre; Minister in the Ministry of Tourism, Information, Broadcasting, Culture and Creative Industries with responsibility for Culture and Creative Industries, Senator Fortuna Belrose, and Raquel Duboulay-Chastanet, wife of Prime Minister Allen Chastanet.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM