Share This On:
(SNO) – A feud between factions from Castries and Vieux Fort is suspected to have been the motive for Tuesday’s shooting in the city that left one man dead and at least four others injured including a child, according to sources.
An audio clip of a male voice which has surfaced on social media suggests that the shooting stemmed from a feud between men from Vieux Fort and Castries.
“Yea boy, couple man from Vieux Fort and thing I hear that come and roll on Castries man, but Castries man was waiting for them already, so exchange of (gun) fire and couple Vieux Fort man get shot, all kinda ting,” the voice recording states.
A relative of one of the victims told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that the masked gunman is from Castries and the injured males are from Vieux Fort.
The relative said the victims were heading to a car when the masked man opened fire at them. A law enforcement officer shot the gunman.
The shooting occurred on Peynier Street, Castries, between 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
The names of the deceased and the injured have not been officially released.
The medical condition of the injured were not immediately available.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM