Share This On:
(SNO) – A feud between factions from Castries and Vieux Fort is suspected to have been the motive for Tuesday’s shooting in the city that left one man dead and at least four others injured including a child, according to sources.
An audio clip of a male voice which has surfaced on social media suggests that the shooting stemmed from a feud between men from Vieux Fort and Castries.
“Yea boy, couple man from Vieux Fort and thing I hear that come and roll on Castries man, but Castries man was waiting for them already, so exchange of (gun) fire and couple Vieux Fort man get shot, all kinda ting,” the voice recording states.
A relative of one of the victims told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that the masked gunman is from Castries and the injured males are from Vieux Fort.
The relative said the victims were heading to a car when the masked man opened fire at them. A law enforcement officer shot the gunman.
The shooting occurred on Peynier Street, Castries, between 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
The names of the deceased and the injured have not been officially released.
The medical condition of the injured were not immediately available.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM