Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — – The Castries Constituency Council on Monday enjoyed a pleasant and positive consultative meeting with vendors of the provisions market.
The consultation was not the first with the vendors, and focused on the first phase of the Market Redevelopment Project which would result in the relocation of the provisions market vendors to facilitate the extension and construction of a covered vending area.
The covered vending area will not only provide shelter to the provisions vendors but will also improve the overall presentation, aesthetics and the quality of vending in the provisions market.
The meeting with the vendors was chaired by Communications Manager, Jason Hullingseed, who spoke fully to the plans and vision of the Market Redevelopment Project.
Also in attendance and addressing the concerns of the provisions market vendors were His Worship, Mayor Peterson D. Francis, CEO Mr. Wilfred Pierre, and Chief Architect in the Ministry of Physical Planning, Mr. Augustin Poyotte.
Meetings were held with the Saint Lucia Air and Seaports Authority (SLASPA) and Holiday Taxi as part of the consultation.
Members of the public and vendors will be updated regularly on the plans for the market redevelopment project.
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort wins ‘America’s Most Eco-Friendly Hotel’ award November 9, 2019 1:45 PM
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019 1:17 PM
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019 10:20 PM