Share This On:
(SNO) – A dasheen-throwing incident during a Castries brawl last weekend has attracted not only memes, but Dennery Segment artistes.
A video recording of the incident, which reportedly occurred on Saturday, July 7, went viral after it was posted on social media.
A heated argument between a female vendor and another female quickly escalated with other persons joining the fight and dasheen being used as ‘missiles’.
Many persons have found it amusing that dasheen was used as a weapon of choice, so much so that artistes such as Kelly B and D-Boy have jumped on the opportunity to entertain through music.
Kelly B, whose real name is Kelly Kenson Blondell, told St. Lucia News Online that “Lucian Dennery Segment” artistes are usually “quick” to make songs on what’s happening in Saint Lucia, and here is the latest one – ‘The Dasheen Song’ featuring D-Boy:
Persons have also used a song titled ‘Hard Food’ released about two years ago by D-Boy to make fun of the incident:
However here is D-Boy’s original ‘Hard Food’:
Below are more memes about the event.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff