Share This On:
(SNO) — Police have formally identified the latest homicide victim as 51-year-old Stan Pistol of Cedars, Castries.
Pistol, the co-owner of Ralph’s Supermarket, was fatally shot during an alleged robbery at his business place in Cedars on Wednesday evening, March 13.
Police said in a press release on Thursday that officers of the Criminal Investigation Department responded to the shooting at about 8:15 p.m.
Pistol, also known as Mr. Brown, sustained “multiple gunshot wounds” and was taken to Victoria Hospital where he was pronounced dead, the release stated.
“He was allegedly shot whilst at his business place at Cedars,” the release further stated. “A post mortem examination is to be scheduled for a subsequent date. Investigations are ongoing in this matter.”
Reports indicate that two masked men held up the supermarket located at the junction of Waterworks and Cedars roads.
Residents reported hearing the sound of multiple gunshots.
“When I heard the first 6 I said one down then about 2 minutes after heard another 6 but sounded a little away from the first set smh,” Denver Flermius wrote on Facebook.
Annel Xanandou Beausoliel also wrote: “the fact that i sat in my balcony and heard all the gun shots was just chilling to me.”
- No coronavirus in Guadeloupe February 28, 2020 8:54 PM
- Three suspected cases of coronavirus in Guadeloupe; tests in progress February 28, 2020 2:52 PM
- Caricom holds emergency meeting February 28, 2020 2:22 PM
- Iconic Kassav singer hospitalized in Martinique February 28, 2020 12:00 PM
- Family loses everything in Sarrot fire February 28, 2020 11:13 AM
- SLBS warns of illegal cigarettes on market February 28, 2020 11:03 AM
- Regional travel taxes comparatively low – Fedee February 28, 2020 10:33 AM
- Caribbean on high alert for deadly Covid-19 February 28, 2020 10:18 AM
- Labour Department investigating Hylyne Poultry complaints February 28, 2020 9:08 AM