Justice Francis Cumberbatch presided over the sitting of the High Court on Thursday, September 26, 2014.
A number of cases were not ready for arraignment however those which were ready were dispatched with in a tidy manner.
The highlights of the day are as follows:
* Ricardo Stapleton of Castries pleaded not guilty to one count of intending to cause grievous harm thereby causing the death of Jamal Ledger of Conway on January 25, 2010 at about 11 am. He will return to court on January 31, 2014 for the matter to continue.
* An incident on September 4, 2011 at about 6:45 pm in Chassin, Baboneau, saw Yandy Joel Albert of Baboneau being arraigned on three charges: one count of attempted murder of Kendal Daniel of Chassin, Baboneau, one charge of dangerous harm and one count of grievous harm on Kendal Daniel. Albert pleaded not guilty to all three charges. He was jointly charged with Johnny Alphonse aka Burty who pleaded not guilty to the three charges.
* Jeremiah Auguste was arraigned on one count of attempted murder, one count of grievous harm and one count of dangerous harm on Elysius Thomas of Balata, Baboneau. The incident took place at about 8:30 pm on July 13, 2012 in Balata. Auguste pleaded not guilty to all three charges. He will return to court on January 30, 2014 for continuation of his matter.
* Ryan Jules pleaded not guilty to causing the death of Kitson Hippolyte aka Roach in Ti Chemin. He will return to court on November 28, 2013.
* Tevin James was arraigned on one count of attempted murder of Bevon Charlemagne and one count of grievous harm of Bevon Charlemagne. He is also facing one count of causing the death of Danley Leon. All the men are from Grande Riviere, Gros Islet where the incident took place on January 19, 2013 at about 10:30 pm. James is currently on remand and will reappear in court on November 28, 2013 for the matter to continue.
* Tiba Zane Pierre is facing one count of attempted murder which took place on November 26, 2006 at about 11:15 pm at Bocage. He will return to court on January 23, 2014.