Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia police have removed another illegal firearm off the country’s streets.
Jermeel Pierre, 34, of Cas En Bas, Gros Islet has been charged for the illegal possession of a .45 Taurus pistol and nine live rounds of ammunition, law enforcement sources have told St. Lucia News Online.
Reports are that on Monday, Nov. 5, shortly after 3 a.m., police heard shots being fired in the town of Gros Islet and subsequently intercepted a car with Pierre as its lone occupant.
The firearm with the ammunition was discovered during a search of the vehicle.
Pierre was arrested immediately but he was formally charged on Tuesday afternoon, Nov. 6.
Police in the north of the island have been credited for making a number of arrests for illegal possession of firearm and ammunition over the past months.
- Qiana Joseph to participate in Women’s T20 Grand Slam Franchise Tournament November 20, 2019 12:55 AM
- Saint Lucia misses Gold Cup playoffs after falling to Montserrat November 20, 2019 12:08 AM
- US government warns of travel to Dominica; calls for restraint November 19, 2019 6:34 PM
- Dominica’s opposition leader strikes back; blames police for unrest in Roseau November 19, 2019 6:19 PM
- OECS chairman calls for “calm” in Dominica November 19, 2019 5:19 PM
- UPDATE: Dominica’s PM condemns unrest in Roseau; blames opposition UWP (see video) November 19, 2019 4:23 PM
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 7:55 AM
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019 7:34 AM