Share This On:
(CMC) – Secretary General of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Ambassador Irwin LaRocque has expressed the Community’s solidarity with Indonesia in the wake of the recent catastrophes.
In a message of condolence to the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Joko Widodo, LaRocque said CARICOM’s thoughts are with the families and loved ones of those who perished in the devastating earthquake of September 28 and the resulting tsunami on the island of Sulawesi.
“It is our fervent hope that the responders who are working valiantly will be successful in rescuing more survivors and relieve the suffering of those affected. The Community wishes a speedy and full recovery for the injured,” he told Indonesia’s President.
The Secretary-General expressed the Community’s confidence that “the indomitable will and resilience of the people of Indonesia will ensure that the people of Sulawesi overcome the trauma of this disaster.”
More Caribbean Stories
- Earthquake felt in Manchester, Jamaica January 24, 2020
- Barbados takes dip in corruption ranking January 24, 2020
- Guyana: Sisters arrested for stabbing Linden schoolgirl January 24, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 69, on three child rape charges January 24, 2020
- Jamaica: Young man given one month to live is now cancer free January 24, 2020