Share This On:
JAMAICA OBSERVER – INCARCERATED deejay Vybz Kartel may have another legal battle in the works, as the appeal against his life-sentence conviction may take place later this year.
Tom Tavares-Finson, one of the deejay’s attorneys, confirmed this development.
“The transcripts have been reviewed and are just about ready. So it is possible that the bid for an appeal is likely,” Tavares-Finson told the Jamaica Observer.
Vybz Kartel, whose given name is Adijah Palmer; entertainer Shawn ‘Shawn Storm’ Campbell; Kahira Jones; and Andre St John were sentenced on April 3 to life imprisonment for the August 16, 2011 murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman goes blind after hospital visit for neck pain November 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Teen breaks neck while running away from shooting at party November 18, 2019
- Jamaican music featured on HBO’s Watchmen November 18, 2019
- Trinidad’s Sat Maharaj passes away November 18, 2019
- Jamaican MPs want their salaries increased November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Family suspects swine flue in death of 3 year-old girl November 18, 2019