Share This On:
JAMAICA OBSERVER – A university student is now pondering his fate after he admitted to taking naked pictures of his girlfriend without her knowledge and posting them on a social media website.
The young man, Micah McCauley, will be sentenced in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court on Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to obscene publication in court last Friday.
Senior Parish Judge Judith Pusey, before extending McCauley’s bail, hinted that she was going to use his sentencing to register the court’s dissatisfaction with the practice, which is becoming quite prevalent.
“To all them people on Facebook posting pictures of people, this is to be a lesson,” she warned.
According to the police report, McCauley took pictures of the complainant, who is also a university student, and posted then to Tumblr.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad: Mom hacked to death – Cops stop suspect from dying by suicide February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 38, who allegedly filmed molestation of child, arrested February 21, 2020
- Jamaica: Teen arrested after bringing knife to school February 21, 2020
- Guyana celebrates 1st oil shipment after major discovery February 21, 2020
- BVI signs CARICOM agreement to establish medical schools February 21, 2020
- Jamaica: Cop flees in the nude after caught with soldier’s wife February 21, 2020