Share This On:
The earthquake threw objects off shelves in supermarkets and sent persons scrambling as buildings rocked during the brief tremor.
No injuries have been reported so far.
The UWI Seismic Research Center has notified the public that no tsunami warning has been issued as rumors emerged that the quake may have triggered a tsunami.
The center noted on their Facebook page:
“The UWI Seismic Research Centre has confirmed that Trinidad & Tobago is NOT under a tsunami warning or tsunami watch at this time. Kindly visit the Centre’s Facebook page or website for details on the earthquake which occurred on 6/12/16.”
More Caribbean Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Guyana: Tuschen residents nabbed with over 90lbs of marijuana October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: Five killed in Guyana accident October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: 5 killed in horrific traffic accident in Guyana October 15, 2019