Share This On:
The earthquake threw objects off shelves in supermarkets and sent persons scrambling as buildings rocked during the brief tremor.
No injuries have been reported so far.
The UWI Seismic Research Center has notified the public that no tsunami warning has been issued as rumors emerged that the quake may have triggered a tsunami.
The center noted on their Facebook page:
“The UWI Seismic Research Centre has confirmed that Trinidad & Tobago is NOT under a tsunami warning or tsunami watch at this time. Kindly visit the Centre’s Facebook page or website for details on the earthquake which occurred on 6/12/16.”
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad: Husband ready to flee country, after wife and son killed November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: ‘Snake boy’ assures he knows how to handle reptiles November 22, 2019
- Caribbean Development Bank continues to support regional entrepreneurs November 21, 2019
- US Congress Roundtable on de-risking in the Caribbean hailed a success November 21, 2019
- 42,000 guns, T&T a war zone, says Senator November 21, 2019
- OECS Chairman extends congratulations to new Premier of Montserrat November 21, 2019