Share This On:
The earthquake threw objects off shelves in supermarkets and sent persons scrambling as buildings rocked during the brief tremor.
No injuries have been reported so far.
The UWI Seismic Research Center has notified the public that no tsunami warning has been issued as rumors emerged that the quake may have triggered a tsunami.
The center noted on their Facebook page:
“The UWI Seismic Research Centre has confirmed that Trinidad & Tobago is NOT under a tsunami warning or tsunami watch at this time. Kindly visit the Centre’s Facebook page or website for details on the earthquake which occurred on 6/12/16.”
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019