Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – * The caribArt Exhibition – My Sugar Island * brings the Caribbean to London this June!
It is a must attend exhibition for art lovers, collectors and business investors everywhere! A selection of emerging Caribbean artists will share this space with high profile, experienced, and award winning artists as they represent the cultural heritage of their birth island through their artwork.
This exhibition will showcase authentic Caribbean artwork at its best and by the people who have the lived experience of Caribbean life and can best tell their stories. The caribArt ‘My Sugar Island’ exhibition is aimed at inspiring, motivating and empowering Caribbean artists and artisans to confidently pursue their dreams despite external pressure and adversity not to, and reach the world with their work.
The caribArt regional platform is the first one of its kind in the history of the region and was created by Tricia Trotman-Maraj in 2015. It was officially launched at a gallery in London on 24th October 2017 and has continued to engage the European community through storytelling and carnival art-workshops for children of various ages and diverse cultural backgrounds.
This travelling exhibition aims to take the tropical sunshine and warmth of Caribbean people through the work of its artists to every continent on the planet and create a legacy generations of the Caribbean youth can be proud of. Artistic director and founder of the project, Tricia Trotman-Maraj is a former secondary school teacher of 21 years and saw the need for this project when she migrated to the UK from Trinidad & Tobago where she continued to teach Geography in several secondary schools in London.
Her Caribbean accent and stories often captivated her students and gave them the motivation to perform in areas that they had considered dull or otherwise irrelevant. Her love for her region and desire to immortalise its dying cultural heritage for future generations is the driving force behind this project which has made art more than just a recreational hobby but a viable career for Caribbean artists that can be pursued from their homes in the Caribbean. This London exhibit will bring together people from many nations as artists showcase their talent for ONE CARIBBEAN.
* The caribArt Exhibition – My Sugar Island * will include works of art on canvas, fabric, jewellery and ceramic. Artists will be present to interact with the visitors to share the inspiring stories behind their pieces and dispel myths and negative stereotypes of Caribbean life and its people. Featured artists include Jean Taylor from the Turks and Caicos Islands, Nasha Bradshaw and Morris Thompson of Jamaica, Yasmin Nicholas who has roots in Dominica and St Lucia, Salina Jane of Guyana, Thalia-Mae Nero and Tricia Trotman-Maraj of Trinidad & Tobago. Each subsequent exhibition will feature works from the original caribArt collection and that of artists from islands not already represented. So if you are a Caribbean artist interested in joining the caribArt platform contact us today and join us on this amazing journey!
Special guests include:
*Her Royal Highness Princess Moradeun Adedoyin-Solarin*
Advisory Board of Experts & Global PEACE Ambassador at The International `Women’s Peace Group, Director of Communications at Global Women Inventors & Innovators Network and pan-Africanist;
*High Commissioners* of several Caribbean Islands and other dignitaries,
*Office of the Mayor of London*, U.K.
*Office of the Premier of Turks & Caicos Islands*
*Members of the British Parliament*
*Anthony Waldbaum*, Chairman of the Croydon Art Society – the oldest art society in the United Kingdom.
*Jean Taylor* award winning artist, Managing Director of Tropical Vibes 105.5 and 103.5 FM the Turks and Caicos Islands,
*Priscilla Nwikpo* Political Analyst & Broadcaster, U.K.
*Ansel Wong* of the Nottinghill Carnival Ltd. and The Carnival Village Trust
*Mohanlal James Mungal*, Executive Officer (Retired) of the British Library
*Angela Cox*, Chairwoman of Miss T&T UK Pageant
*Sharon Fleary* Administrative professional, Toronto Canada
*Alain Arthur* Caribbean Vibrations, OMNI TV Canada
*Stakeholders from Canada, U.S.A., Europe, Africa, and many more!
This premier 4-day exhibition is already completely booked and updates will be given via our official website and social media pages as we will go live during the four day event. Helping to spread the good news of this project are TCI Tropical Vibes 105.5 and 103.5 F.M. of the Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Vibrations OMNITV Canada, and Videoblogg Press, Radio Features London and other media. Founder of The caribArt Project *Tricia Trotman-Maraj* and the partners and friends of the caribArt Project are set to make *The caribArt Exhibition-My Sugar Island* the most sought after and successful event of its kind in the United Kingdom in 2018.
Sponsors include: *Tropical Vibes 105.5 and 103.5 FM Radio – Turks & Caicos Islands* *Angostura U.K.* *Tropical Mas Association, U.K.* *DSKII Events, U.K.* *Janelle Victry Floral Designs U.K.* *Jorge Ferreira & Co. Ltd.
For more information visit: http://www.caribartcollections.com
To read about our artists and other caribArt activities in the UK visit: https://www.caribartcollections.com/blog
Follow us on *TWITTER* < https://twitter.com/BornToWinGlobal >
Follow us on *INSTAGRAM* < https://www.instagram.com/caribartcollections/?hl=en >
Like us and learn more on *FACEBOOK * < https://www.facebook.com/pg/BorntoWinGlobal >
More Finance/Business Stories
- Small business tax filing workshop February 17, 2020
- Export Saint Lucia set to Launch the National Export Strategy February 17, 2020
- Postponement of Rendezvous Dine in the Dark February 14, 2020
- Sandals runs successful biodiesel pilot project In Saint Lucia February 14, 2020
- Saint Lucia to benefit from banking compliance training February 13, 2020
- Caribbean bankers hone people development skills February 13, 2020