Share This On:
JAMAICA OBSERVER – LESS than a week after surrendering to Christ, the once raunchy deejay Lady Saw hit the infamous ‘Back Road’ in Portmore St Catherine, a strip known for open prostitution and cheap motels, to deliver a message from God to a particular lady of the night.
The popular entertainer, who’s been a talking point since getting baptised last Monday, told the Jamaica Observer after Sunday morning worship at Emmanuel Apostolic Church on Slipe Road in Kingston, yesterday, that God has already started to use her.
The 43-year-old, whose given name is Marion Hall, said she was in bed Saturday night when God gave her a message to give to a prostitute on Back Road (Port Henderson Road), whom she was informed recently got saved and is planning to get baptised.
“…I went by Back Road ’cause that’s where He sent me and He gave me a name. For God to give me a name out of everybody’s name and… that was a unique name, not really a common one,” Hall said.
“When I started asking for her, everybody was saying, ‘Yeah man. One girl weh seh she a go baptise tomorrow. She work up a da building deh.’ So all of them come and one say, ‘Me hear bout har; she jus’ give har life to God,’” Hall related.
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Jamaica: Churchgoers warn of mark of the beast, new world order
- Tourists may need COVID ‘passport’ to visit Jamaica
- Barbados teachers union wants CXC exams suspended
- Barbados: Three killed in early-morning shooting
- Licensing officer deciding vehicles’ tint legality by race — Trinidad minister
- US says Trinidad violated Rio Treaty with visit of Venezuelan VP Delcy Rodriguez