Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – LIAT wishes to advise that due to the impending passage of Tropical Storm Danny, it could be forced to cancel certain flights on Sunday August 23, Monday August 24 and Tuesday August 25.
Passengers are advised to continue monitoring radio stations and www.liat.com for further updates.
Passengers travelling on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of next week are asked to contact the LIAT Call Centre from Antigua – 1-268-480-5582; toll free from the rest of the Caribbean – 1-888-844-5428 and from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands – 1-866-549-5428 for information on the status of their flights.
Customers affected by the disruptions who wish to rebook for a later date will be allowed to do so without change fees or fare differences for a period of two weeks from the date of their original scheduled travel. Following the two-week grace period, passengers will be required to pay applicable fare and change fees when re-booking.
LIAT also wishes to advise that passengers who decide to travel but are unable to complete their journey due to disruption caused by weather conditions, will not be provided with meals, transportation, hotel accommodation etc. Passengers with onward connections are advised to contact the respective carriers.
LIAT regrets any inconvenience caused as a result of the passage of the storm. A further advisory will be issued on Friday.
More Caribbean Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: Man living in cave asking for help November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman says she can see death November 19, 2019
- Crocodile bites beachgoers in Jamaica November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: ‘Duppy house’ in Spanish Town destroyed by fire November 19, 2019