Share This On:
Parliament is to be dissolved on Friday, February 5.
Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller announced the dates at a mass meeting in Half-Way Tree, St Andrew, Sunday evening, bringing to an end months of speculation about the date for the election.
“If you want keep Jamaica moving up, stay with the Peoples National Party,” Simpson Miller said. “One good term deserves another.”
More Caribbean Stories
- Haiti government denies misuse of PetroCaribe funds December 12, 2019
- $$ note change causes frenzy across T&T December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: With gun to head, Mom prayed for her life December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Ganja legislation passed, but don’t light up yet December 12, 2019
- Jamaica: 186 years total for men convicted in beheading case December 12, 2019