Share This On:
The charge was brought against the Jamaican-born Boyd, after Henry was found in a “bloody and bruised state” in Radio Range early Monday morning, the police said in a STRATCOM release.
The woman, who was discovered by a passerby, was lying on a piece of cardboard in a bushy area with a large, blood-splattered rock next to her head.
She was rushed to hospital by ambulance and was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit in critical condition.
According to the police, Boyd was arrested and taken into custody shortly following the discovery.
The police also said that Henry had sustained injuries to both of her arms and that she is currently under the care of the doctors at Mount Saint John’s Medical Center (MSJMC).
A spokesperson for the family told OBSERVER media “We are cautiously optimistic at this time. We are pleased that someone has been charged with the crime, and we are hoping that justice will be swift.”
Henry’s family members said that her condition is “improving; however she is still critical” because of the severity of the multiple injuries she had sustained during the attack.
The release said that several pieces of evidence had been seized and taken to the police station as part of investigations into the case of domestic violence.
The accused allegedly attacked his partner and left her for dead in the vicinity of the Minoah Magnet Academy.
More Caribbean Stories
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019
- CCJ allows appeal, no fraud by Caye Bank and Nagel December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019