Share This On:
The new name was unveiled on Monday afternoon during a small ceremony at the East Coast Demerara facility.
The renaming is in recognition of the contributions of one of Guyana’s first Ministers responsible for aviation, Eugene Correia.
During the renaming ceremony, Guyana’s Minister of Public Infrastructure, David Patterson announced that the concerns of those who were opposed to the renaming have not fallen on deaf ears and the concerns will not be ignored.
He said a review of the lease agreement for the airport and its management is currently being done and he noted that while the airport may be privately managed, it remains a government facility.
More Caribbean Stories
- Barbados: Historic guilty pleas to murder January 17, 2020
- Former Barbados government minister guilty of money laundering January 17, 2020
- Jamaica: Friend gave winning numbers to newest super millionaire January 16, 2020
- Jamaica: Dengue deaths hit 81 but infections plunge January 16, 2020
- Jamaican dancehall artiste Quada arrested for murder, arson January 16, 2020
- Barbados: Two charged with robbing KFC January 16, 2020
- Barbados: Legalise same-sex marriage January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Crane man kills wife over alleged infidelity January 16, 2020