Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Government officials will from January 23rd to January 25th 2017 be part of a three-day Chartered Director Programme presented by the Caribbean Governance Training Institute which focuses on best practices for effective governance.
The Cabinet of Ministers, Permanent Secretaries and Deputy Permanent Secretaries as well as heads of Statutory Bodies will attend the intensive sessions which will focus on “The Principles of Good Governance” as well as Risk Management, Strategic Planning and Accountability. The sessions will also tackle topics such as Risk Management and Financial Literacy.
Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet has expressed enthusiasm about the three-day exercise which he describes as a retreat for the Government in order to also outline the strategic plan for Saint Lucia.
“This really gives us the opportunity as a Government to all meet and ensure we know what is expected of all of us in terms of compliance and for us to constructively engage each other,” said Prime Minister Chastanet.
Presenters at the session include Dr. Chris Bart, FCPA and Lead Faculty at the Director’s College of Canada, Kate
Bursey, Managing Director of Bursey International, Marcel Mongeon of Mongeon Consulting and Ted Sehl, a financial executive with 25 years of experience in senior financial roles.
Upon completion the over 70 participants expected from the Government will be eligible to write a qualifying examination that will earn them the right to use the internationally recognized designation “Chartered Director” (C.Dir.).
More Politics Stories
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019
- Sittings of the House of Assembly and the Senate December 6, 2019
- Senate sitting, today December 3, 2019
- SLP is pleased to once again respond to UWP on Juffali questions December 2, 2019
- UWP demands answers from SLP on former Saint Lucian diplomat November 29, 2019