Share This On:
JAMAICA STAR – A St Catherine-based evangelist, who allegedly made a 12-year-old child perform oral sex on him, has been charged with grievous sexual assault by the Linstead police.
The man was charged on August 2 by the police and will have his day in court next week.
It is said that on July 21, the accused lured the complainant inside the church office and assaulted her.
THE STAR has learnt that the church adjoins the house where the victim resides.
It was revealed after the man was seen by another child that he warned the child not to make an alarm. However, the child was not swayed by the accused’s suggestions and related the matter to an adult.
As a result, a formal report was made to the police, and following an investigation, the clergyman was held.
He was questioned in the presence of an attorney and charged.
St Catherine continues to be one of the leading parishes in sexual crimes against children.
- Registered Venezuelans want more time in Trinidad and Tobago
- Jamaica: Western high schools prepare for partial resumption of classes
- Trinidad: Stopped by cops, drunk driver hops into back seat
- Jamaica: Mother and daughter killed 12 years apart
- 29 ecstatic Trinidad and Tobago nationals return home
- Trinidad businessmen apologise for racist posts
- Jamaica: Jodian Fearon funeral set for Saturday
- Jamaica: 15-year-old drowns during river trip
- Returning Trinidad nationals may soon face COVID-19 quarantine fee