Share This On:
JAMAICA STAR – A St Catherine-based evangelist, who allegedly made a 12-year-old child perform oral sex on him, has been charged with grievous sexual assault by the Linstead police.
The man was charged on August 2 by the police and will have his day in court next week.
It is said that on July 21, the accused lured the complainant inside the church office and assaulted her.
THE STAR has learnt that the church adjoins the house where the victim resides.
It was revealed after the man was seen by another child that he warned the child not to make an alarm. However, the child was not swayed by the accused’s suggestions and related the matter to an adult.
As a result, a formal report was made to the police, and following an investigation, the clergyman was held.
He was questioned in the presence of an attorney and charged.
St Catherine continues to be one of the leading parishes in sexual crimes against children.
More Caribbean Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Guyana: Tuschen residents nabbed with over 90lbs of marijuana October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: Five killed in Guyana accident October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: 5 killed in horrific traffic accident in Guyana October 15, 2019