Share This On:
JAMAICA OBSERVER – A High Court judge Friday described the 51-year-old accused “as a man without a conscience and lacking compassion and humanity,” before sentencing him to 35 years in jail for sexually abusing an eight-year-old child in 2013.
Justice Errol Thomas said that Joseph Senhouse of Vieille Case on the north should also be seen by consultant psychiatric..
Senhouse, who wept as he was being sentenced, was found guilty of buggery, unlawful sexual intercourse and indecent assault.
The Court heard that Senhouse, who was in a relationship with the child’s mother, had anal sex with the child on three occasions and vaginal sex, about five times. He also told her “not to tell” and gave her fruits and money to keep quiet.
His attorney Dawn Yearwood Stewart, told the court that she fully accepts the social inquiry report and its findings made on her client and that he had used “no violence in his actions”.
More Caribbean Stories
- T&T expands coronavirus travel restrictions February 27, 2020
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Guyana begins search for company to market its crude February 27, 2020
- Guyana: Teenager found guilty of raping boy, 7 February 27, 2020
- Trinidad: Les Coteaux man charged with setting woman on fire February 27, 2020
- Jamaica: School bus operator charged with rape, grievous sexual assault February 27, 2020