Share This On:
JAMAICA GLEANER – Kingston-based doctor, 54-year-old Lloyd Brooks has been charged with procuring abortion.
Brooks who lives in St Andrew was charged on Friday.
Detectives of from the Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse say they received a report on Tuesday that the doctor carried out an abortion on a minor.
Brooks who was questioned in the presence of his attorney before being charged, is scheduled to appear in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate’s Court next Wednesday.
More Caribbean Stories
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019
- CCJ allows appeal, no fraud by Caye Bank and Nagel December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019