Share This On:
JAMAICA OBSERVER – Constable Richard Plummer from the St Ann’s Bay Police Station, who was photographed last week carrying an elderly woman in St Ann’s Bay, was yesterday promoted to the rank of corporal and given an award for his selfless act of kindness.
The Corporate Communication Unit (CCU) of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) said he was given the award at the two-day 74th Annual Joint Central Conference of the Jamaica Police Federation, which got underway yesterday at the Iberostar Hotel and Resorts in St James.
Many Jamaicans who praised his efforts shared the photograph of Plummer embodying the JCF’s motto ‘Service Above Self’.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness yesterday shared a photograph on Twitter of Plummer receiving his award.
The prime minister on Saturday commended Plummer for his efforts saying there is hope for Jamaica when we all are our brothers’ keepers.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019