Share This On:
Their case was adjourned to January 13 where the facts are expected to read followed by sentencing.
Reports are that the men, Yulong Xie; Jianhui Wen and Yong Zhong, withdrew the money from an ATM belonging to NBD last year.
After their arrest, investigators in Jamaica contacted the Dominican police as they try to determine whether the men were part of an international fraud network operating in the region.
When they appeared in court on July 25, 2016, they asked that the matter be “expedited” in order for them to return to China and complained of the condition at the Stock Farm prison.
More Caribbean Stories
- Haiti government denies misuse of PetroCaribe funds December 12, 2019
- $$ note change causes frenzy across T&T December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: With gun to head, Mom prayed for her life December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Ganja legislation passed, but don’t light up yet December 12, 2019
- Jamaica: 186 years total for men convicted in beheading case December 12, 2019