(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Four Caribbean Airlines (CAL) flights to St Lucia and St Vincent and to Port of Spain have been cancelled due to Tropical Storm Karen.
In a notice sent out this morning, the airline announced the following cancellations:
° BW 434 Port-of-Spain to St. Lucia
° BW 435 St. Lucia to Port-of-Spain
° BW 436 Port-of-Spain to St. Vincent & the Grenadines
° BW 437 St. Vincent & the Grenadines to Port-of-Spain
Passengers are advised to contact Caribbean Airlines reservation offices for rebooking on the next available service.
To minimise inconvenience to customers holding confirmed tickets for travel today, CAL is allowing persons whose travel plans are impacted by the tropical storm to rebook without change fees, subject to the following conditions:
1. Waiver of all fees for tickets rebooked in the same cabin, for travel up to October 1, 2019.
2. It is mandatory that customers contact Caribbean Airlines before the scheduled date of travel.
3. Ability to use ticket for one year from date of issue, for tickets booked for travel on September 22, 2019. No date change penalty will apply. However, if there is a difference in fare, fees will apply.
4. All changes must be made through Caribbean Airlines Call Centres or at Caribbean Airlines Ticket Offices
5. Caribbean Airlines will not be responsible for arrangements or transportation to/from an alternate airport or hotel/overnight expenses incurred by affected passengers.
These waivers include travel to or from the following Airports only:
• Piarco International Airport, Trinidad
• George F. Charles, St. Lucia
• Argyle International Airport, St. Vincent