Share This On:
The girl, who is now 15 years old, testified in court that in March 2015, she and her five-year-old brother went to the church for choir practice.
After the rehearsal, she and her brother asked the pastor for a drive out in his van. The pastor, Paul Hanniford, took the children to his house in Kingston, where he had sex with the teen girl.
According to the testimony, Hanniford forced himself on the little girl after she asked to use the bathroom.
She was reportedly pushed by the pastor outside the bathroom on to a bed that was inside a nearby bedroom. The pastor pushed her down on the bed and sexually assaulted her.
Her cries of “help! help!” were heard by her brother whom the pastor had given cornflakes to eat. Having heard his sister’s cry for help, the boy climbed on to a chair and peeped through a hole in the door and observed Hanniford sexually assaulting his sister.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman goes blind after hospital visit for neck pain November 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Teen breaks neck while running away from shooting at party November 18, 2019
- Jamaican music featured on HBO’s Watchmen November 18, 2019
- Trinidad’s Sat Maharaj passes away November 18, 2019
- Jamaican MPs want their salaries increased November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Family suspects swine flue in death of 3 year-old girl November 18, 2019