Share This On:
According to reports from some Caribbean online news agencies, residents reported feeling the tremor which occurred around 8:22 a.m.
The location of its epicentre was put at 87 kilometres east of Carúpano, Venezuela and 105 kilometres west of Trinidad and Tobago’s capital, Port of Spain.
The University of the West Indies Seismic Research Centre (SRC) Facebook page was flooded with reports of people saying they felt “strong” shaking.
Several people said they felt as if they had experienced two quakes.
More Caribbean Stories
- Official accuses Trinidad private sector of being lazy October 18, 2019
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Guyana: Tuschen residents nabbed with over 90lbs of marijuana October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: Five killed in Guyana accident October 15, 2019