Share This On:
Aleisha Bridgeman, a pupil of the Mayaro Secondary School, was discovered hanging at her home in Upper Hillview, Readymix Village, Mayaro, on Monday afternoon.
Relatives said the teenager was depressed after failing the examination as she had always been a “straight-A” pupil.
However, with this tragedy, relatives took the opportunity yesterday while speaking with members of the media to plead with young people to never commit suicide, no matter how depressed they may feel.
“There will be more tests in the future.
“Don’t do it. No matter how hard things might seem in the moment…hold on as it will get better,” Aleisha’s mother, Vanessa Bridgeman, said.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad: Investigation continues into church fashion show scandal November 22, 2019
- Performance indicates sustained tourism growth in the Cayman Islands November 22, 2019
- Don’t stereotype well-mannered boys as gay, Jamaican Minister pleads November 22, 2019
- Jamaican-born Dale Holness elected mayor of Florida county November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Marijuana decriminalisation bill for Parliament today November 22, 2019