Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – An ICT Fair hosted by the Caribbean Regional Communications Infrastructure Program which aimed to increase the uptake of broadband, its associated products and service and to showcase the current technologies offered by providers within the ICT space.
The five-day event, which started on August 10, 2015, was powered by Flow’s superior fibre-based broadband technology and held at the Public Service Training Institute in Union.
In addition to the fair, there were lectures by various experts on technology trends and issues. Another component, a Hack-a-thon was held on August 12th and 13th respectively.
Some 80-plus participants enrolled in the free sessions and were introduced to solution-oriented application development, specifically in the areas of mobile application and computer animation.
The initiative was also an opportunity for Government to highlight the ideas and opportunities available for the development of an ICT-enabled economy and information society.
According to sales, marketing and communications manager, Shermalyn Sidonie-John, “Education remains one of our company’s core pillars we are committed to not only providing our people with the latest in cutting edge technology but engaging them through initiative such as this on how this technology can be utilized. It is our continued commitment to nation building that truly reflects our enabling attitude.”
More Technology Stories
- SlashRoots Foundation to host 3rd data-meet up in Saint Lucia October 24, 2018
- Team Saint Lucia to participate in Robot Olympics August 7, 2018
- Seven engage in prosthetic limb production training May 16, 2018
- Hold the phone! You can now use WhatsApp with a landline February 27, 2018
- ECTEL’s commitment to an open internet February 2, 2018
- Facebook booming even as time spent on it drops February 1, 2018