Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — A Canadian woman died this morning from injuries she sustained in a motor vehicle crash involving popular entertainer Munga Honorable.
She has been identified as 26-year-old Tashana Cumberback.
The police Corporate Communications Unit (CCU) confirmed that the crash occurred shortly before 6a.m. along the Mandela Highway in St Catherine.
The entertainer, whose real name is Damion Rhoden, and another man involved in the crash have been hospitalised in stable condition.
According to the police, Munga and three other men were travelling in a Toyota motorcar when he lost control of the vehicle in the Ferry area.
It’s reported that the vehicle collided into a Suzuki Vitara sport utility vehicle, which then crashed into a minibus in which Cumberback was a passenger.
She was reportedly pronounced dead at hospital.
- COVID-19 screening online platform to be launched soon in Jamaica
- Jamaica police hit by sudden death of colleagues hours apart
- Jamaica: Official says optional coronavirus testing for visitors is “dangerous”
- Jamaica spent $1 billion to bring 2,300 nationals home: Holness
- Jamaica: Companies donate fans to residents of Allman Town, Kingston
- Jamaica prepared for hurricanes despite COVID-19: McKenzie
- Jamaica: 19 people murdered over the weekend
- Jamaicans warned against complacency as work-from-home order expires
- Many Jamaicans worried as they returned to work Monday