Share This On:
The youth business international (YBI) defines mentoring as “personalized support in helping young entrepreneurs develop their abilities and insight as they start and grow their own business” Although mentorship can be defined and seen from other angles this definition highlights the true purpose of being a mentor for a trust.
Mentors provide balance and support to young entrepreneurs.
Youth business International has been applauded for applying the best art of mentorship as skills, knowledge, experiences are smoothly pass on from mentor to mentees. As a result connections develop, giving rise to strong relationships and good networking possibilities.
The St. Lucia Youth Business Trust is scouting for business and specialist mentors. Mentors will be the link that inspires young entrepreneurs to develop. Their guidance and support is invaluable as they will seek to make an investment in our youth. Potential mentors must be able to commit to 2 hours of engagement with one mentor every month.
A business mentor should possess the ability to be but not limited to being:
- A Volunteer
- An experienced entrepreneur
- An experienced professional
- An experienced community leader
- An experienced business leader
- Unbiased encourager, advisor, sounding board, listener, door opener, facilitator
- Active listener and good communicator
The St. Lucia Youth Business trust has made application forms available on their Facebook page @SLYBT or for collection at their offices in the American Drywall Building, Vide Bouteille.
We are pleased to welcome you as a potential mentor to the St. Lucia Youth Business Trust.
For more information please contact Wilton Jeremie at 452-3165 or [email protected]
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- Saint Lucian elected to ‘largest philanthropy dedicated to improving health in US’
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’
- Saint Lucian public gets virtual library service during COVID-19 quarantine
- Caribbean Association of Banks appoints new director