Share This On:
The youth business international (YBI) defines mentoring as “personalized support in helping young entrepreneurs develop their abilities and insight as they start and grow their own business” Although mentorship can be defined and seen from other angles this definition highlights the true purpose of being a mentor for a trust.
Mentors provide balance and support to young entrepreneurs.
Youth business International has been applauded for applying the best art of mentorship as skills, knowledge, experiences are smoothly pass on from mentor to mentees. As a result connections develop, giving rise to strong relationships and good networking possibilities.
The St. Lucia Youth Business Trust is scouting for business and specialist mentors. Mentors will be the link that inspires young entrepreneurs to develop. Their guidance and support is invaluable as they will seek to make an investment in our youth. Potential mentors must be able to commit to 2 hours of engagement with one mentor every month.
A business mentor should possess the ability to be but not limited to being:
- A Volunteer
- An experienced entrepreneur
- An experienced professional
- An experienced community leader
- An experienced business leader
- Unbiased encourager, advisor, sounding board, listener, door opener, facilitator
- Active listener and good communicator
The St. Lucia Youth Business trust has made application forms available on their Facebook page @SLYBT or for collection at their offices in the American Drywall Building, Vide Bouteille.
We are pleased to welcome you as a potential mentor to the St. Lucia Youth Business Trust.
For more information please contact Wilton Jeremie at 452-3165 or [email protected]
More Finance/Business Stories
- CCC and NWU mend wounds with help of Labour Department February 27, 2020
- Prime Minister’s Independence Ball to fund even more charities in 2020 February 27, 2020
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020
- CSA Executive Council elections – Deadline for nominations February 26, 2020
- Dream to Reality Course 2020 pilot February 25, 2020
- Squeeze Cash to offer Caribbean new multi-currency feature February 25, 2020