Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – SLUDTERA is recruiting new members to join our SLUDTERA Community Advisory Committee (SCAC).
SLUDTERA is a faith-based organization with a mission to improve communities, provide people access to employment, and to help the environment through education, training, and entrepreneurship. Our primary focus is on youth and marginalized individuals; stay-at-home moms, retirees, persons with disabilities, and ex-offenders. SLUDTERA will accomplish this goal by working in collaboration with business, units of government, educational institutions, labor and community-based organizations.
The purpose of the SCAC;
– Identify issues and challenges the community faces.
– Conduct research to learn about the causes of these problems.
– Become an expert on these issues, and determine what it would take to solve these problems.
– Think big and creatively to create projects which will address these issues.
Inspiring the Community to act and come together to address these issues, and getting to the point where we realize that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, with Him as our guide.
SLUDTERA is seeking to add five (5) members by August 2018.
Age between 18 to 65 years.
Must be a citizen of St. Lucia.
Must have experience with community initiatives, projects or organizations (this can be in a voluntary, educational or professional capacity).
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a combination of: prayer and faith missions, advocacy and campaigning, public policy, governance, strategic development/leadership skills; marketing, digital media, or graphic design; or innovative, small NGO or social enterprise development are encouraged to apply.
Have a proven track record on their work, verifiable from existing references, online videos, links, reports, publications, blogs, etc.
Good verbal, written and communication skills, IT literate, and technologically savvy.
Strong administrative and organizational abilities.
Demonstrated drive and initiative, a can-do attitude with the ability to work autonomously, and in teams.
Available to commit at least 2 days a month to network activities.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of interest are invited for these roles. Submissions should include:
– CV and a one-page cover letter clearly demonstrating suitability for the role, based on the qualifications and competencies outlined above.
– An expository piece on one of the following themes;
– Why Prayer, Faith & Works are effective tools for youth development?
– Where do you see SCAC going in the future?
– What development issue would you address through prayer, faith and works and how?
Submissions can be in one of the following formats:
– An academic essay or a position paper (750 – 1000 words);
– A short film (5 minutes);
– Photography with extended captions/description for each image (5-10 minutes)
– To be considered, expressions of interest must be received by Tuesday, July 31st, 2018.
– Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to take part in a telephone/Skype interview
All applications should be submitted via the online application form only.