Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Over the last two weeks, packages containing copies of the petition bearing over 20,000 signatures were dispatched to the offices of the CARICOM Heads of Government and the Secretariat in Guyana.
Also included in the packages was a letter to each Head of Government, cogently outlining the case for dialogue on the vexing issue of high intra-regional Caribbean travel taxes and fees.
To date, only the Offices of the President of Guyana, His Excellency Brigadier David Granger and the Hon. Dr. Keith Mitchell, Prime Minister of Grenada have acknowledged receipt of our communication.
Accordingly, The Citizens Against High Intra-Regional Caribbean Travel Taxes is calling on the other CARICOM Heads of Government to respond to the petition submitted to their offices. By signing our petition, the people of the region are collectively asking to be heard on the importantissue of intra-regional Caribbean travel taxes. We hope that our leaders see it fit to engage with their constituents on this important matter.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM