Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Cabinet of Ministers have reiterated the commitment of Government to ensure effective and responsive border management and has appointed a team to undertake extensive and in depth dialogue on the establishment a single Border Control Management entity.
The team is to engage and discuss with all stakeholders on the appropriate structure for the proposed Border Control Management agency.
In order for this to have meaningful effect, the Cabinet has also taken the decision with immediate effect, to revoke Cabinet Conclusion 247 of 16th April 2018 which previously addressed the establishment of the entity.
The Government of Saint Lucia commits to taking into account all the concerns and recommendations of the stakeholders to ensure that Saint Lucia’s borders are secure.
The Cabinet-appointed team is expected to submit a detailed report to Cabinet by December 2018.
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM
- Barbados hit by two days of power outages November 20, 2019 1:31 AM
- National Students’ Council elects new executive November 20, 2019 1:14 AM