Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Businessmen driving luxury cars were among the 20 men taken away from the “$500 a night” apartment complex where 22 females, some children, were found in a police raid shortly after midnight.
The complex at Lady Chancellor Heights is located off Lady Chancellor Road, St Anns Port of Spain.
There is a sign at the entrance to the place stating “apartments for rent with pool, $500 per night”.
The complex is located next to the home of a PNM Member of Parliament.
News of the raid came in a statement issued before dawn yesterday by the Police Service.
The operation, headed by the Special Operations Unit (SORT) team led to the discovery of the females.
Police say most of the females are non-nationals, with no identification documents.
Police say they were engaged in lewd dancing, prostitution, and child endangerment.
Some are believed to be children.
The females were detained. They are at the Police Training Academy, St James.
The 20 men found at the property were arrested.
Police Commissioner Gary Griffith led the operation, which included officers of the Port of Spain Division, Canine Unit and City Police.
The Counter Trafficking Unit, Child Protection and Victim and Witness Units are investigating.
Many of the apartments in the four-storey complex appeared abandoned.
He witnessed three men being led into a police vehicle, two in handcuffs.
The living area that was part of the police raid contained chairs and tables but not furnished.
Several bottles of alcohol and kegs of beer were strewn about.
The Express was told that when police arrived, they found several high-end vehicles belonging to well-known businessmen.
The police may have found out about the activities at the apartment complex through an invitation on social media.
In a post headlined “Can you keep a secret?”, people were invited to a ‘Secret Sundays’ Latin “private pool party”.
Those interested were invited to send a WhatsApp to a particular number to learn of the secret location, and secret pleasures awaiting.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Two teenagers drown at rain-swollen Argyle Falls November 17, 2019
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019