Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Twenty-five (25) hotel workers employed with Royal by Rex Resorts, Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa, St. James’s Club Morgan Bay, Anse Chastanet Hotel, Sugar Beach A Viceroy Resort, Coconut Bay Hotel and Ti Kaye Resort will each receive a five hundred dollar (($500.00) bursary from the National Workers Union (NWU) for their children.
The amount will be handed to staff of the named hotels, who are members of the union, with children entering secondary school for the first time in September 2014. This contribution will be paid out from the NWU’s Education Fund to which hotel workers have made a significant contribution.
The NWU is of the firm opinion that, given the current economic situation with which workers have to grapple, and the fact that the union now has to struggle much harder to maintain fringe benefits in existing industrial agreements, the organization must begin to think out of the box and create new avenues to assist its membership.
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Saint Lucian elected to ‘largest philanthropy dedicated to improving health in US’
- Saint Lucian public gets virtual library service during COVID-19 quarantine
- Saint Lucian students to write CXC exams in July 2020
- Education ministry addresses fake news about e-book distribution
- Saint Lucia kicks off Reading Month with radio programme for students
- SALCC hosts e-Symposium
- CCRIF to provide up to US$150,000 in scholarships for academic year 2020/21 to Caribbean nationals
- Students will only get multiple choice exams from CXC