Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Twenty-five (25) hotel workers employed with Royal by Rex Resorts, Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa, St. James’s Club Morgan Bay, Anse Chastanet Hotel, Sugar Beach A Viceroy Resort, Coconut Bay Hotel and Ti Kaye Resort will each receive a five hundred dollar (($500.00) bursary from the National Workers Union (NWU) for their children.
The amount will be handed to staff of the named hotels, who are members of the union, with children entering secondary school for the first time in September 2014. This contribution will be paid out from the NWU’s Education Fund to which hotel workers have made a significant contribution.
The NWU is of the firm opinion that, given the current economic situation with which workers have to grapple, and the fact that the union now has to struggle much harder to maintain fringe benefits in existing industrial agreements, the organization must begin to think out of the box and create new avenues to assist its membership.
More Youth/Education Stories
- CSEC exams going online October 14, 2019
- Castries Lions observe World Sight Day 2019 October 11, 2019
- BodyHoliday Cares, Knapsack Project donate school bags October 11, 2019
- Over 700 students to graduate from UWI Open Campus this year October 10, 2019
- Notice: Labayee Early Childhood Centre relocates October 10, 2019
- Professor of Saint Lucian descent wins prestigious US award October 6, 2019