Share This On:
(SNO) – It’s everyone’s nightmare to have a burglar enter their home and terrorize their family, in broad daylight at that.
But this is exactly what happened to a Carellie family on January 3, 2020.
A family member, who prefers to remain anonymous, said the incident began unfolding at around 11:44 a.m. when a burglar entered the property by scaling a side roof to enter the master bedroom.
“My small children, aged three and five were in the room at the time on their tablets,” the family member said. “The burglar forced them out of the room.”
He explained that the three-year-old began crying for her tablet, which was taken by the burglar.
“My wife went upstairs to the bedroom to enter the password (for the tablet) but it appeared that the burglar hid in the closet,” he stated. “When my wife left the children were forced out and the bedroom was locked. The burglar took a FIRE HD 8-inch tablet, my wife’s wedding rings, gold watch, and other gold jewelry. Even her birth certificate was stolen.”
He explained other similar documents were stolen.
The burglar soon made good his escape.
“He left by going down the roof and onto the ground, thereafter scaling the fence into an empty lot at the back of the house,” he said. “On that same day, another report was made of a burglar entering another house in the neighborhood.”
The family, which was left shaken but unharmed, called the police who responded quickly.
“Reports have been made to the Police who took fingerprints and are currently conducting investigations,” the family member said.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM