Share This On:
(GIS) – The Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) continues to play a tremendous role in improving the education sector in Saint Lucia.
Most recently, the Ambassador of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to Saint Lucia, His Excellency Douglas Shen, presented 30 ASUS laptops to the Boys Training Centre. HE Douglas Shen noted that the intiative will allow the wards at the centre an opportunity to develop their technologicial skills.
“Asus is one of the biggest and most popular computer companies,” Ambassador Shen said. “You may not know that Taiwan produces roughly 30 percent of laptops worldwide.”
Referring to the donation as timely and important, the General Manager of the Boys Training Centre, Wang Sonson, expressed gratitude to the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
“The education program for the boys training centre is improving,” Mr. Sonson said. “I have been trying to bring it up to a standard where it will on par with the other schools. Recently, we had a young man gain A Level 2 CVQ in mechanics. The donation of laptops will go toward enhancing what we have at the centre.”
Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, Hon. Allen Chastanet, said the laptops will be part of a program that will assist with the boys’ rehabilitation.
“Our friends from Taiwan have come through for Saint Lucia once again,” he said. “Representatives from the Taiwanese Embassy here in Saint Lucia headed by Ambassador, His Excellency Douglas Shen, made a presentation of 30 Asus laptops to the Saint Lucia Boys Training Centre located in Massade, Gros Islet.
“These laptops will form part of a programme at helping develop the technological aptitude and skills of the boys housed at the center. Once again, my sincerest thanks to our friends from Taiwan and AsusTek Computer Inc. for this most welcome donation.”
The handing over ceremony took place on Monday, Nov. 18.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM