Share This On:
(GIS) – The Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) continues to play a tremendous role in improving the education sector in Saint Lucia.
Most recently, the Ambassador of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to Saint Lucia, His Excellency Douglas Shen, presented 30 ASUS laptops to the Boys Training Centre. HE Douglas Shen noted that the intiative will allow the wards at the centre an opportunity to develop their technologicial skills.
“Asus is one of the biggest and most popular computer companies,” Ambassador Shen said. “You may not know that Taiwan produces roughly 30 percent of laptops worldwide.”
Referring to the donation as timely and important, the General Manager of the Boys Training Centre, Wang Sonson, expressed gratitude to the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
“The education program for the boys training centre is improving,” Mr. Sonson said. “I have been trying to bring it up to a standard where it will on par with the other schools. Recently, we had a young man gain A Level 2 CVQ in mechanics. The donation of laptops will go toward enhancing what we have at the centre.”
Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, Hon. Allen Chastanet, said the laptops will be part of a program that will assist with the boys’ rehabilitation.
“Our friends from Taiwan have come through for Saint Lucia once again,” he said. “Representatives from the Taiwanese Embassy here in Saint Lucia headed by Ambassador, His Excellency Douglas Shen, made a presentation of 30 Asus laptops to the Saint Lucia Boys Training Centre located in Massade, Gros Islet.
“These laptops will form part of a programme at helping develop the technological aptitude and skills of the boys housed at the center. Once again, my sincerest thanks to our friends from Taiwan and AsusTek Computer Inc. for this most welcome donation.”
The handing over ceremony took place on Monday, Nov. 18.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM