Share This On:
(SNO) — A 20-year-old male resident of Bruceville, Vieux Fort has been charged in connection with a recent shooting in his community, according to law enforcement sources.
Irvin Julian, also known as ‘Block Chest, was charged with attempted murder on Thursday.
He appeared in court on Friday, Feb. 1 but he did not enter a plea since the charge is an indictable one. He was however ordered to be further remanded in custody by the magistrate.
His arrest stemmed from the shooting of 20-year-old Miguel Soumere in Bruceville, Vieux Fort on Monday, Jan. 28, after 9 a.m.
Soumere was shot in the face and hospitalised in serious but stable condition.
According to reports, the gunshot fragments damaged Soumere’s right eye and exited his nose. The left eye may have been affected by the fragments as well, reports suggest.
St. Lucia News Online (SNO) understands that the alleged shooter may be a cousin of Soumere but that has not been independently confirmed.
“Hmm nowadays not even your own family you can trust,” one person commented under the initial breaking story on social media.
There has been a series of shooting in Vieux Fort in recent days.
On January 24, Jahmil Pierre was shot and injured in Bruceville and remains in hospital.
On January 25, Melvin George was shot execution-style at the Vieux Fort Fisheries Complex. He reportedly died on the spot.
- Finally: Micoud residents to get Wellness Centre after 28 years
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- Petition started to rename Harding University auditorium in honor of Botham Jean
- ‘Betty Clarke’ and Nadeige Suffren granted bail in Praslin drug bust case
- Invest Saint Lucia responds to concerns over Anse des Sables
- 47 more Saint Lucian nationals return home
- Saint Lucia to benefit from UK’s £3-million contribution to Caribbean COVID-19 response