Share This On:
(SNO) — A 20-year-old male resident of Bruceville, Vieux Fort has been charged in connection with a recent shooting in his community, according to law enforcement sources.
Irvin Julian, also known as ‘Block Chest, was charged with attempted murder on Thursday.
He appeared in court on Friday, Feb. 1 but he did not enter a plea since the charge is an indictable one. He was however ordered to be further remanded in custody by the magistrate.
His arrest stemmed from the shooting of 20-year-old Miguel Soumere in Bruceville, Vieux Fort on Monday, Jan. 28, after 9 a.m.
Soumere was shot in the face and hospitalised in serious but stable condition.
According to reports, the gunshot fragments damaged Soumere’s right eye and exited his nose. The left eye may have been affected by the fragments as well, reports suggest.
St. Lucia News Online (SNO) understands that the alleged shooter may be a cousin of Soumere but that has not been independently confirmed.
“Hmm nowadays not even your own family you can trust,” one person commented under the initial breaking story on social media.
There has been a series of shooting in Vieux Fort in recent days.
On January 24, Jahmil Pierre was shot and injured in Bruceville and remains in hospital.
On January 25, Melvin George was shot execution-style at the Vieux Fort Fisheries Complex. He reportedly died on the spot.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM