Share This On:
Another illegal firearm and a quantity of ammunition are off the streets of Saint Lucia.
Trevor Peter Donacien of Bruce, a 52-year-old resident of Bruceville, Vieux Fort, was earlier this week arrested and charged for the possession of a firearm and ammunition, according to a law enforcement official.
Reports that indicate that Special Services Unit (SSU) ‘south officers’, of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force, were on a foot patrol in Bruceville, Vieux Fort, around 9:20 p.m. on Tuesday, when they noticed the alleged offender riding a bicycle towards their direction with no lights.
As a result, he was stopped by the officers who searched him and found a .40 Sig Sauer pistol with an undisclosed quantity of ammunition in his waist. The officers then arrested him.
He was on Wednesday, May 8 charged and taken to court where the magistrate granted him $5,000 bail on each charge, or suitable surety.
Donacien’s incident is the second report within two weeks of an illegal firearm being recovered law enforcement officials.
Michael Phillip Laurent, 30, of Grand Riviere, Gros islet was granted bail in the sum of $5,000 cash or suitable surety when he appeared in the First District Court on firearm-related charges, police said in a news release on Monday.
He was on Friday, May 3 charged with the possession of a firearm and ammunition without a valid license, police said.
He was caught with a .380 pistol and 10 rounds of ammunition on Wednesday, May 1, around 9 p.m., when officers from the Gros Islet Police Station searched him, according to law enforcement sources.
Reports are that Laurent was searched after police responded to a shooting in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet on Wednesday, May 1, which left one male individual nursing a gunshot wound to the leg.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM